By booking at Ilam Homestead you agree the following terms and conditions:
THE UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY CLUB INCORPORATED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BETWEEN University of Canterbury Club Incorporated (“Supplier”)
AND [ ] (“Client”)
These terms and conditions apply to any booking of the venue known as the Ilam Homestead situated at 87 Ilam Road, Christchurch (“Venue”). The terms and conditions set out your obligations when you hire the Venue.
Where the Client is a company, by entering into these terms and conditions, the directors of the company agree to personally guarantee all of the obligations of the company under these terms and conditions.
This Agreement is made between the Supplier and the Client. In the event that the Agreement is signed by the Client or by two or more individuals as Client, each person acknowledges that they are jointly and severally liable in terms of this Agreement.
- Payment will be accepted by way of cash or direct credit to the Supplier’s bank account (please include customer number reference and name). Payment by credit card will not be accepted.
Bank: Bank of New Zealand
Branch: Upper Riccarton
Account Name: The University of Canterbury Club Inc.
Account Number: 02-0875-0213818-00
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing the terms of payment are as follows:
- Deposit of 50% of the fee to be paid prior to acceptance of booking.
- The balance of the account to be paid within 7 days from the date of issue of the final invoice (this will be issued within 3 days of the Booking).
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing the terms of payment are as follows:
Unless stated otherwise all pricing is inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The Deposit is non-refundable.
- Without prejudice to the Supplier’s other remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise, the Client will pay default interest at the rate of 2% per month compounding monthly on all outstanding amounts until all monies have been paid in full.
- The Client shall pay to the Supplier all costs and expenses incurred by the Supplier in recovering money or in connection with the exercise or attempted exercise of any of its rights or remedies under this Agreement, including legal costs on a solicitor client basis and debt collection costs.
- BOOKING FEE AND CONFIRMATION
Any estimate provided is valid for 14 days upon receipt. Prior to the booking (“Booking”) being accepted the Client must confirm the Booking in writing, provide the estimated number of attendees, and pay the deposit of fifty percent (50%) of the total booking fee. Your Booking is only confirmed after the Supplier receives payment of the deposit.
- GUARANTEED NUMBERS
- At the time of confirmation of the Client’s Booking, an estimated number of attendees shall be given.
- A guaranteed minimum number of guests attending the function is required no later than 12pm seven (7) working days prior to the Booking.
- The Client acknowledges that the Venue has a maximum capacity of two hundred (200) attendees at the Venue unless agreed otherwise in writing between the Supplier and the Client at least seven (7) working days prior to the Booking.
- The Client acknowledges that it must advise the Supplier and gain the Supplier’s consent at least seven (7) days prior to the Booking if it wishes to erect a marquee or any kind of structure on the lawn at the Venue. There may be an additional cost if the Client wishes to erect a marquee or structure.
- The Client acknowledges that the Venue is subject to noise restrictions and a noise curfew of 11.30pm applies. The Client agrees that they and their attendees will adhere to the noise curfew.
- The Client acknowledges that all attendees must exit the Venue at the expiry of the booking and in any case, before 12.00am.
- The Client acknowledges that attendees will not exit the Venue via Homestead Lane after 11.30pm.
- The Client acknowledges that they will be liable for any damage to the grounds of the Venue.
- The Client acknowledges that the Venue is a smoke-free area and no attendees will smoke anywhere at the Venue.
- The Client acknowledges that there is no parking allowed on the grass area at the front of the Ilam Homestead. Any cars parked on this area may be clamped and all costs associated with removal of the clamp and repair of any damage will be payable by the Client.
- CONFIRMED PRICING
- The quotation provided is based on the information we have received for the Client as at the date of the quotation.
- All prices are current at the time of the quotation and every endeavour is made to maintain the same. Prices are however subject to alteration, particularly when bookings are made well in advance. If a price change is due to justifiable cost variations outside the control of the Supplier then the Supplier may change these prices at its discretion. Notice will be given on any changes made, where reasonably possible.
There may be an increased fee payable for functions that occur on a Public Holiday. This is at the Supplier’s discretion. Please refer to the pricing on our website. A drinks surcharge will apply for any wedding bookings on a Public Holiday. This will be advised at the time of booking.
In the event of the Client’s confirmed booking being cancelled by the Client (such cancellation must be in writing), for a wedding less than two months prior to the Booking and for any other booking less than one month prior to the Booking, the Client must pay the total fee within seven days of issue of an invoice from the Supplier. If any form of entertainment or outside services having been booked by the Supplier for the Booking a full charge for these services may be incurred at the discretion of the Supplier.
- CARE OF PREMISES
- The Client shall take good care of and shall not cause any damage to or permit any damage to be done to the Venue or to any fittings, equipment or other property at the Venue. The Client will be liable and indemnify the Supplier for any damage.
- The Client will make good and pay for any damage (including the excess on any insurance claim made by the Supplier) to the Venue or property at the Venue (including accidental damage), caused by any act or neglect of the Client or the Client’s servants, agents, attendees or any person at the Venue by reason of the use of the Venue by the Client.
- The Supplier reserves the right to remove the Client or any of the Client’s servants, agents, attendees (or any person at the Venue) from the Venue at their sole discretion.
- SUPPLIER’S LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances will the Supplier accept responsibility or be liable in respect of any damage or theft or loss of any property, goods, articles or things whatsoever placed, deposited, brought into or left at the Venue, either by the Client, the Client’s employees or agents or by any persons attending the Venue.
- The Supplier shall not be liable for any loss due to the breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restriction or Act of God which may cause the facilities to be temporarily closed or hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
- The Client shall be liable for and shall indemnify and keep indemnified (including for the excess on any insurance claim made by the Supplier) the Supplier from and against loss or damage incurred by the Supplier (other than fair wear and tear) to the extent that such loss or damage is incurred directly as a result of any unlawful, negligent or other act of the Client or the Client’s employees, agents, attendees or invitees in connection with the event and use of the facility by the Client.
- Where the Client and/or their employees, agents, attendees or invitees damage, de-face or mark any part of the Venue or any of the property therein then the Client will be responsible for the costs of repairing and/or reinstating the damaged parts and/or property to its former condition.
- The Client shall be liable for and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Supplier and any caterer contracted by the Supplier against damage including but not limited to any glassware, cutlery, and crockery and including any property of the Supplier and any caterer or other party contracted by the Supplier.
- The Client acknowledges that the premises are in a residential area and that the Client and their attendees will not cause any disturbance or damage to neighbours or their property. The Client and their employees, agents, attendees or invitees will be liable for any such disturbance or damage.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- As part of these terms and conditions the Client accepts legal responsibilities to meet evacuation plans, health and safety responsibilities during the period of the Booking.
- The Supplier will liaise with the Client regarding their health and safety obligations and relevant policies and evacuation plans including the Clients duties.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- The parties shall first endeavour to resolve any dispute or difference under these terms and conditions by agreement. Where there is a dispute the disputing party must advise the other party in writing of the disputed issue (“Dispute Notice”). If the parties cannot resolve the dispute or difference within ten working days of service of the Dispute Notice then the parties may exercise all rights and remedies available to them.
The terms as set out above are hereby accepted.